Thread: From a long time user..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a long time user..

Boy have I logged hours on this hotel. I assume it doesn't match up to others and I'm not trying to boast either. I really do enjoy fresh. Its just fun to play. The only thing that myself and basically anyone on my friends list enjoys to do is betting. I recently had just heard of a few of my friends getting wiped. I understand that admins don't want a bunch of high rollers taking over the server, but to a certain extent I feel it should be okay. There is a HUGE crowd that purely runs off of just gambling. They find joy in it. Once the fear of losing it all at the swipe of a wand is there they won't wanna play anymore. I don't think the right approach has been taken to this issue (economy). My point is, there are at least 1/3 of the players or more on fresh that love to gamble freely. If they lose that right to win as much as they can then why would they even wanna play anymore? Some of these people play for DAYS to earn what they have. I think its just not fair to those who actually put in the time and effort to do something to have it mean nothing in the end.

These are only my thoughts.

Thanks for reading.

2. Likes Whalie liked this post
    Legend
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    id rather have people being wiped then a fucked up eco were everyone is rich :/

4. Likes Sheamus liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you would be okay with gambling for 12 hours and winning around 2k to 5k thrones and just losing everything in your hand all at once?

Fresh Hotel Manager
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

We respect your opinion, but you obviously don't see the ins & outs of the problem. If people have lot's of thrones then they'll be happy with the amount they have. Meaning they won't buy any from the store making the store profits go down which pay for the server ect. That's only one cycle of the problem. We're trying to stop a whole hotel wipe meaning every single user will loose every single rare they have, causing mass disruption through out the whole hotel.

Thanks,
    mattsqrt
    Fresh Hotel Manager

7. Likes Sheamus liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt, I totally understand and by no means do I intend on upsetting anyone. I do get what you're saying, However, there are benefits to having some more well-off users. When other players see them, they want to be like them. They demand rank. This can and likely will cause some donations. The main thing I'm trying to get across is that once certain users are wiped (that belong to the gambling community) they will tell all their friends what happened and pretty soon fresh could lose countless daily users. This by no means is a threat, but merely a proposition. Kindest regards.

Fresh Hotel Manager
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinn View Post
    Matt, I totally understand and by no means do I intend on upsetting anyone. I do get what you're saying, However, there are benefits to having some more well-off users. When other players see them, they want to be like them. They demand rank. This can and likely will cause some donations. The main thing I'm trying to get across is that once certain users are wiped (that belong to the gambling community) they will tell all their friends what happened and pretty soon fresh could lose countless daily users. This by no means is a threat, but merely a proposition. Kindest regards.
    If they are in the "betting community" then i would like to imagine that even if they did get wiped, they wouldn't leave the the hotel and would try and earn that money back.

Thanks,
    mattsqrt
    Fresh hotel Manager

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few points I'd like to run by you.
    a). The price for rank should be lowered to provoke more users to invest. (Maybe offer a discount for a short period.)
    b). The users that are into gambling don't pay for ranks as frequently as casual users do. They gamble for things. What I am getting at here is that wiping them won't get them to purchase furniture. Sure there might be some users that do but I can assure you the majority will not.
    c). Look how much fresh has grown in the past year and a half. Over 1000 more daily users. Just give it more time and fresh will be huge. By then money won't be an issue for admin.

Again, please don't take anything I say personally. I do not mean to offend.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    you do have a few arguements that i agree with.

It's clobberin' time!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    real shame that all this talk will lead to no changes as i'm the man that calls the shots and i wont budge.

13. Likes Sheamus, Dogma, Jayydenn liked this post

Thread Information