Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Suggestion] Values Rule

Okay so, Recently I've learned about the Values Rule -
    "Selling furniture for less than or more than the values page states (causing the economy to suffer) - 2 Weeks Ban & Inventory cleared" -Quote by Upper management (Although GambIer got banned permanently for this)

I think that this rule should be Revoked or Re-considered, this is because for an economy to truly thrive it cannot be restricted, sure there will be a lot more price fluctuation but this is a good thing! It allows for people to make a lot of money buying things when the price is low and selling them again when its high, It also gives people more things to do and makes the economy look more appealing to new players since it isn't restricted. Also, I am unsure if this applies to gambling as it is uncertain, it doesn't say so in the rule but it has been applied to GambIer anyway if it does then this should also be revoked, this is because I notice that the rule is more than a couple weeks old and yet it has never been applied to anyone else and I've even see mods gamble like this and seen many of the other players gamble with things that aren't the same value and could 'affect the community'

Anyway, I tried to make this post as inoffensive and respectful as I could as I don't intend it to be either of those things.

My Sources are:
    https://fresh-hotel.org/articles/596...esh-ban-me-for
    GambIers ban.
    and Chels
    Last edited by AdamMikhailov; 01-09-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new rule? Nope, it's been around awhile. It's to help the eco in-fact, so i would stick to it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated, with new info - Read it again.
    And for an Economy to truly thrive it needs to be left for the players to help it, Maybe they remove the rule and test it out. I'm sure people will stick by the values anyway.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The values are automatically updated. They go up and down with the flow of trading, ect. This is helping the eco. The eco is the strongest it's been in a while.

All these things are put in place to make gambling an enjoyable experience on Fresh. Honestly, if you've got such an issue than maybe you need to re-consider gambling on Fresh.

You would be one of the first kids crying if there is a wipe, or reset, to jump start the eco after poor trading/gambling habits. Also I remember you saying a couple days ago you've only been playing Fresh for a week. You havn't seen the consequences of a poor eco and how shitty it truly makes gambling.

Plenty of people obey the values and still have a great time gambling/trading/selling. Maybe you should try and embrace change.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattle View Post
    The values are automatically updated. They go up and down with the flow of trading, ect. This is helping the eco. The eco is the strongest it's been in a while.

All these things are put in place to make gambling an enjoyable experience on Fresh. Honestly, if you've got such an issue than maybe you need to re-consider gambling on Fresh.

You would be one of the first kids crying if there is a wipe, or reset, to jump start the eco after poor trading/gambling habits. Also I remember you saying a couple days ago you've only been playing Fresh for a week. You havn't seen the consequences of a poor eco and how shitty it truly makes gambling.

Plenty of people obey the values and still have a great time gambling/trading/selling. Maybe you should try and embrace change.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to Fresh but not new to Retros, I've seen how bad it can get if the Economy is shit, but you have me all wrong. I would love it if there is a reset, it puts everyone on an equal playing field and will give everyone a fair chance to show their worth, I have lost it all with my awful gambling habbits but I've made it all back, and I'm not the one to give up, The richest people on the server are the ones who gamble and trade because if you don't gamble and trade then your only way of getting rich is winning events or buying your way too the top. If the values are restricted and that's all you can go back the economy will be relying on people with a lot of stuff to get banned for the economy to rise, and LTD's to be released for the economy to go down, Honestly I don't mind the rule as such its the punishment which is quite ridiculous, it puts everyone at risk of being banned because noone can say that they haven't paid under or over for a rare with or without knowing it you probably would of, As for the gambling it means that I cannot bet a Dragon for a dragon of a different type because each dragon has a different value but even you would of seen people do dragon bets and say that all drags are worth the same.

Banned
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamMikhailov View Post
    I'm new to Fresh but not new to Retros, I've seen how bad it can get if the Economy is shit, but you have me all wrong. I would love it if there is a reset, it puts everyone on an equal playing field and will give everyone a fair chance to show their worth, I have lost it all with my awful gambling habbits but I've made it all back, and I'm not the one to give up, The richest people on the server are the ones who gamble and trade because if you don't gamble and trade then your only way of getting rich is winning events or buying your way too the top. If the values are restricted and that's all you can go back the economy will be relying on people with a lot of stuff to get banned for the economy to rise, and LTD's to be released for the economy to go down, Honestly I don't mind the rule as such its the punishment which is quite ridiculous, it puts everyone at risk of being banned because noone can say that they haven't paid under or over for a rare with or without knowing it you probably would of, As for the gambling it means that I cannot bet a Dragon for a dragon of a different type because each dragon has a different value but even you would of seen people do dragon bets and say that all drags are worth the same.

You are ridiculous. You just don't get it. Ok so get this. Say I paid $100 for a package deal. I got tonnes of rares. Are you telling me because I have more than you, you should reset the Hotel? Sure if there's a reset everyone is 'on an equal playing field' but for how long? That is honestly stupid and really makes no sense at all. Gambling is not about equality, last time I checked.

Also. Betting is ALWAYS bet at your own risk. Weither that to be scammed, banned, ect. Stick to the rules and follow the values. Bet of equal value. That is why so many kids bet eg: Jade vs Jade, 10d vs 10d. Yes there are the odd kids who bet dragons of lesser values against one another, but they see consequences too. You seem to think you're the only one being penalized for this. Take a look around.

Queen Of Fresh
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Official values or ban and wipe, end of convo

Queen Of Fresh
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    allow having 13 accounts active on 3rd dec

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not getting what I'm saying. I'm saying I'm all up for a reset because it'll be put everyone on an equal playing field allowing people to prove themselves by making themselves richer than everyone else, the point of resetting isn't to keep everyone on equal, its to allow all players to prove themselves. I'm also not saying paying for rare's is bad, what I'm saying is that there needs to be other ways to earn money rather than making the only way to get rich is to buy your way too the top. and this 'Are you telling me because I have more than you, you should reset the Hotel?' that's not what I'm saying at all, If the hotel was to reset it gives the new players a chance to prove themselves and the old players a chance to show they still have what it takes.
    And who brought equality within gambling into this? Gambling is a game of chance knowing when to stop and when to start is what makes people rich. If I was to gamble which is a big part of the community within Fresh Hotel I know that its at my own risk, and if I get scammed It was on me, but I shouldn't be at risk of getting banned just because I bet my pink dragon against someone's blue dragon, this makes me unable to gain any other types of rare's without having to go through the hassle of selling my rare for dinos (Which don't have a value) and very few people can afford to buy a Pink dragon with dinos then using them dinos to go and buy another rare.
    If everyone who was to bet two dragons worth unequal values was to get banned, everyone who has more than 1 type of dragon would be banned. As far as I've noticed GambIer Is the only person who has been affected by this rule.

Thread Information