Thread: new fresh

Queen Of Fresh

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    stop being pathetic, the update is class. kane and jonty have worked hard and as stated lots to work on and get running... just wait it out

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just some constructive comments.

Why don't you run a test build. Copy the database onto a seperate SQL server. Host it under a subdomain then you have two copies of the data. One to work on the upgrade while keeping fresh up and running. Then when you've got the majority of the bugs tweaked. Open up the test server to other people for stress testing and finally once all the processes are complete do an upgrade?

I can understand money being an issue but it would at least take the pressure off. You could test the upgrade at your leisure without spending days and days at a time doing long hours when you could feasibly do the upgrade a few hours a day over two weeks. Once you're happy just power through the processes on the main server?

Queen Of Fresh

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    because many over the forums moaned the hotel was down, the old fresh had bugs also, trade wouldn't work, you couldn't buy furni or place it, so it was taken offline and being updated when possible while users can still play

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean to come off negatively. I don't personally like this version but that's beside the point. I think they've done a good job to do the upgrade in 2 days and get it mostly stable in one. However my assumption is they've worked every waking hour to get to this point.

The test system isn't really for the users benefits. It's for the developers. It's so they aren't working 16 hours for 3 days to get the upgrade through as fast as possible. The fact that the users benefit too is just a by-product. I don't know if it's technically feasible or financially feasible but it's just a suggestion.

Queen Of Fresh

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    was pointless fixing one to work and fixing up an upgrade :S fresh before had a couple of issues itself as i noted

what up
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SierraGolf View Post
    I don't mean to come off negatively. I don't personally like this version but that's beside the point. I think they've done a good job to do the upgrade in 2 days and get it mostly stable in one. However my assumption is they've worked every waking hour to get to this point.

The test system isn't really for the users benefits. It's for the developers. It's so they aren't working 16 hours for 3 days to get the upgrade through as fast as possible. The fact that the users benefit too is just a by-product. I don't know if it's technically feasible or financially feasible but it's just a suggestion.
    The Fresh database is ~200 GB. It took 18 hours alone to edit the structure of the items table basically meaning it would be stupid to have a test hotel as:

1. The data would be deleted and a fuck load of time wasted
    2. There is no way to actually test half of the shit we have done without having a large userbase on the hotel. Trust me because both @Kane and myself have been running large hotels for many years and have a lot of experience in this.

You say it's for us to have a test system, but as I've pointed out above it would be for naught as it's impossible for me (the developer) to test load balancing, threading, features, etc all by myself as for starters I don't even play retros like regular players..

It's appreciated though the fact you ain't being an asshole about it, but at the end of the day, Fresh has to get with the times or it's going to be left behind, feature-wise and we don't want to see Fresh a dead hotel in a years time because it failed to update when it had the chance.

7. Likes Kane, Provision1 liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple2013 View Post
    ban me i wont give a fuck. i would rather get banned from ugly ass 2015/2016 fresh than quit 2014/2015 fresh
    Actually, you would give a fuck. Think about it. You said "can we please have the old fresh back". That obviously shows you care about your account which means you care about fresh. cx

It's clobberin' time!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonteh View Post
    The Fresh database is ~200 GB. It took 18 hours alone to edit the structure of the items table basically meaning it would be stupid to have a test hotel as:

1. The data would be deleted and a fuck load of time wasted
    2. There is no way to actually test half of the shit we have done without having a large userbase on the hotel. Trust me because both @Kane and myself have been running large hotels for many years and have a lot of experience in this.

You say it's for us to have a test system, but as I've pointed out above it would be for naught as it's impossible for me (the developer) to test load balancing, threading, features, etc all by myself as for starters I don't even play retros like regular players..

It's appreciated though the fact you ain't being an asshole about it, but at the end of the day, Fresh has to get with the times or it's going to be left behind, feature-wise and we don't want to see Fresh a dead hotel in a years time because it failed to update when it had the chance.
    He just stated all we should know
    o/

Thread Information