Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum Events, Ideas?

All,

Figured this is something maybe worth exploring.. that or I could be a complete twat and everyone will disagree with me for sure pointlessness.

So the Hotel is active (for a english speaking retro) - which is great, fantastic - here is some gifs of..

@Jonteh Reaction

@Kane Reaction

And the users in whichever faceless club is popular now-a-days in Fresh..

Sure there is room for growth (liking stomping out competition, etc). However, that's a conversation for another day..

Like a lot of retro forums, it seems it's turned into one of...

• Resolving Ban Appeals
    • Suggestions for Hotel - not Forum
    • Bug Reports
    • Scam Reports

The question I have for you all is... are you wanting something more on the forum or are you happy with the culture of it being just a support avenue for Fresh Hotel itself? Or do you want something more?

When I say more.. I mean activity, I mean a large amount of active users... i mean active forum events (with winnings for rares in hotel for example)... maybe integrating the login of the hotel itself to be integrating with vbulletin.. advertising the forum activity in the hotel itself...

If your fine the way it is.. cool - that's awesome... no argument.

Ironically i am not really giving suggestions (wait until I grab a vodka and coke first and then we can talk).. I'm just wondering if you are happy with the status quo or if you want something more.

As you can tell, I love forums.. i'm active in crap loads of them.

Don't ask me questions, just vent your opinion.

2. Likes Cattle liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    lol agree

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my honest opinion, as it stands now, it would be a very hard thing to do.

The hotel has very few staff as it is, in comparison to some of the others out there (not that that's a bad thing, most hotels give out staff to anyone who asks for it). Out of those staff, I think only around 2 or perhaps 3 are even active on the forums. So the staff are trying to balance their own lives, moderating the hotel and moderating the forums. Which will be a lot of work. I think the only way this could work is if there were committed and trusted members on the forum who are willing to donate their own rares etc. (and if anyone has enough to be giving out, you know where I am!). And even then, those people who take it upon themselves to make the forum active will also need moderated. I just think, unless there is a group of specific forum moderators, it wouldn't really be an easy thing to accomplish. The staff currently do a lot of work, and it's not really fair dumping something else on top of that.

That said; I think that IF it was possible, it could be fun

5. Likes „Swish„, Cattle, Cory liked this post
    It's clobberin' time!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachorach View Post
    In my honest opinion, as it stands now, it would be a very hard thing to do.

The hotel has very few staff as it is, in comparison to some of the others out there (not that that's a bad thing, most hotels give out staff to anyone who asks for it). Out of those staff, I think only around 2 or perhaps 3 are even active on the forums. So the staff are trying to balance their own lives, moderating the hotel and moderating the forums. Which will be a lot of work. I think the only way this could work is if there were committed and trusted members on the forum who are willing to donate their own rares etc. (and if anyone has enough to be giving out, you know where I am!). And even then, those people who take it upon themselves to make the forum active will also need moderated. I just think, unless there is a group of specific forum moderators, it wouldn't really be an easy thing to accomplish. The staff currently do a lot of work, and it's not really fair dumping something else on top of that.

That said; I think that IF it was possible, it could be fun
    Sums it up perfectly.

7. Likes Sachorach liked this post

Thread Information