Extra Security for Forum Accounts (Android, IPhone)
We've gone ahead and enabled the ability for users to have 2 factor authentication now alongside there password for an additonal security measure
Basically every time you login to Forums you're asked to enter your password and a special code that would be on your phone
You can enable this by following this tutorial
1) Click your settings tab at the right corner of your forums page.
2) Scroll to the bottom and in your "My Account" section click "Two-Factor Authentication"
3) Then click "Enable Two-Factor Authentication"
4) That would take you to a page that would seem a little messy however it's pretty straight forward (Right click the image of the barcode then click open image in new tab
5) Download any authentication app from your phones download section.
6) Once apps downloaded add it, point your camera to the barcode and it will give you 5-6 digit code and put it in your box and that should be it. Next time you login to fresh forums from any location it does not have on record already it will ask for the barcode. (The code changes so often so only the person who has the phone with them can access the forum account)
We hope this keeps peoples forum accounts safer just that little bit more.
Last edited by Kane; 09-04-2016 at 12:47 AM.
Post Thanks / Like - 5 Likes
Edit : Feature removed as it wouldn't support IPV6 users at this stage.